KDC are currently seeking an Head of Software for one of the Top 3 European Space Companies and around 2,800 employees work on the some the most important Space programs of our time in Germany and other EU countries.
For permanent employment the Systems Engineering Instruments department at OHB System AG in Oberpfaffenhofen is looking for a
In this position you shall become responsible for the architectures of optical systems for space applications.
- Elaboration, development and accommodation of technical baseline solutions on the basis of customer requirements and budgets
- Technical coordination of a multidiscipline engineering team with the focus on an the following output:
- Instrument Architecture Definition and Justification
- Interface Concepts and Definition
- Development Logic Definition
- Coordination of related performance analysis
- Select and define the system design and to reflect it into the relevant technical design, requirement and performance documentation
- Ensure design integrity, perform requirements analysis and design integration as answer to customer specifications
- Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of lower level subs-system requirements and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime.
- Lead the engineering team effort for design trade-offs between disciplines such as thermal, structural, mechanical, optical, electrical, etc.
- Close collaboration with technical management and other systems engineering disciplines (Performance Analysis, V&V Engineering, Sub-systems Engineering, Spacecraft Systems Engineering)
- Support technical discussion with the customer
- University (TU) or polytechnic degree in Physics or Engineering, preferably with major focus on Optical Systems
- Experience as Systems Engineer or Design Responsible for scientific optical instruments or adequate technology and complexity (interferometer, spectrometer, telescopes)
- Ideally, experience in the development logic of Space Instruments, Earth Observation and Astronomy from in Phases 0 to B2, as well as significant H / W experience in the Phases C and D.
- Experience in engineering economics
- Organized and structured task approach, experience in technical coordination of a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Team work, good conceptual, analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, German skills requested over the medium-term
The client offers a full relocation package where needed with a generous benefits package.
If you’re interested in the role please contact me by applying or calling me on +44 01202 596374.