Power Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Power Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Lathbury|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2019 15:48|
• Lead development and design activities for Power sub-systems on spacecraft:
oderive and maintain sub-system requirements
odefine and develop sub-system architecture
operform trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
odeveloping power budgets
odefine FMECA and FDIR processes
• Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans.
• Plan, prepare, and conduct sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing.
• Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of power system equipment. Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of power system equipment.
• Participate in review of the deliverables in support of the project milestones.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Diploma; bachelor or master's degree in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
• 5+ years of commercial experience of designing and testing power subsystems for satellites.
• Understanding of solar panel specification, manufacturing process, handling and testing.
• Experience sizing, procuring, testing and integrating satellite batteries and an awareness the storage & handling requirements for batteries.
• Experience in constructing grounding philosophies and grounding diagrams for spacecraft architectures.
• Experience of designing and testing EGSE for the purposes of powering the satellite during the AIT phase.
• Good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc).
• Good understanding of system engineering & managing requirements through the full project lifecycle.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Demonstrable experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
• Operational experience of power systems on spacecraft missions.
• Experience of analysis radiation tolerances and knowledge of radiation hardness assurance for Low Earth Orbit applications.
• Whilst the working language is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's