Principal Avionics Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Avionics Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Rose|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2017 11:14|
KDC is currently looking for a Principal Avionics Systems Engineer. to support and provide their expertise on design, development and delivery new products processes and technologies.
As Technical lead of an IPT you will be the responsible engineer for a project, program or product development. Responsible for the delivery of a technically compliant solutions within the required project objectives (quality, technical performance, schedule and budget) and in compliance with the required standards, processes and practices (e.g. Life Cycle Management, Standard Operating Framework for Engineering and ITAR). The Principle Engineer will be expected to lead the engineering team and to be the technical point of contact for the project internally and externally. This position is based in Christchurch, Bournemouth
As a Principal Avionics Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Complete lifecycle: System requirements, architecture, design, integration, qualification, verification, production and support
· Experience in Electronic warfare (Radar, Communications systems) ECM, ESM, RWR, DF systems, specification and/or design
· Design experience and/or appreciation of some of the following areas:
o RF and wideband antenna Systems
o Analogue, Digital and power supply Electronics design
o Embedded Software, Firmware and Digital Signal Processing
· Experience in Design, development lifecycle from concept and requirements capture thru system architecture, Design Specification, ICD to system integration, verification and liaising with production.
· Having had responsibility for design tasks and review processes.
· Quality control of design lifecycle processes - AS9100
· Tools: Matlab/Simulink, UML modelling, OrCAD, FPGA Design Suite, Software Development Kit, PSpice, configuration control tools.
· Having experience in some of the following electronics technology and interfaces, RF Up/down conversion, DRFM, wideband ADC DAC, Ethernet 1G/10G, PCIexpress, RS232/422, UART, SPI, I2C, etc
· Experience with Laboratory test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope, DVM
· Exposure to the following ILS, Security, EMC, LVD, TEMPEST, RoHS, WEEE, DO-178, DO-160
· Experience of platform integration and design certification and of working with an EASA 21J / DAOS Design Organization.
As Principal Avionics Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
· Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies on time, within budget and with required quality.
· Continued development of discipline competence and expertise.
· Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements.
· Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools.
· Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements.
· Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practise.
· Propose new technologies, materials and processes to maintain and grow our technology differentiations.
· Propose and develop new products.
· Contribute to business winning technical proposals
For more information, click apply!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
In line with experience
Senior Avionics Software Engineer
Inclusive benefits package
System Engineer - Avionics Development
based on experience
In line with experience
Research Project Systems Engineer
£42.50 per hour