This lucky candidate will have the chance to assist the team in the decomposition of top-level system or product requirements into an implementable FPGA architecture. With your background you will be able to provide knowledge of electronic design, test and certification of systems based around advanced FPGAs. In this position you will be working under the FPGA Engineering Manager, to provide coaching, leadership, and guidance to other Design Engineers.
- To support and enhance existing Firmware in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To be responsible for defining requirements for a feature/bug fix up to full system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To undertake design, implementation and debugging of VHDL based FPGA hardware.
- To undertake design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
- Opportunities to lead projects/work packages. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
- To be responsible for building a Software/Firmware package for release; including configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
- The change to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented Firmware and verify it operates as expected.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing construct feedback in code/document reviews.
- To conduct appropriate Design Reviews of FPGA design and VHDL implementation.
- To undertake system design at the highest level and creation of suitable documentation to allow implementation of system to take place.
- The chance to write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description
- Help with in house training on FPGA design, techniques, and tools.
- Leadership and supervisory role for more junior engineers.
- To take part in higher-level product definition and design review activity, providing expert input from an FPGA perspective.
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant Masters or Bachelors Degree.
- 10 or more years’ experience working on FPGA designs.
- Experience working on systems containing multiple FPGAs.
- Proven track record of analysing system requirements at the highest level and decomposing them into a suitable implementation for a product.
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP application