|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Paul Lathbury|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 15:28|
Are you an enthusiastic person who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being a great team player?
If you are then this is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with a ground breaking product.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Operations Director, the role of this position will include:
Planning and organising production, schedules, assessing project and resource requirements, estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with managers. Overseeing the production process, including: drawing up a production schedule; accept handover of new orders, scheduling using the production diary, general overseeing of the morning briefing, liaising with customers to keep them updated, passing completed job to sales for billing.
Duties of the Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for:
• Ensuring adherence to all Health and Safety and procedures.
• Leading the production team of shift managers and supervisors.
• Driving operational change, achieving maximum production efficiencies.
• Meeting customer requirements for quality and delivery schedules.
• Establishing a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
• Development of the department and associated systems and procedures.
• Ensuring that the production is cost effective; effective purchasing, material usage; minimise wastage / errors, checking job sheets.
• Ensuring products are produced on time and to a good quality; set standards and methods with production staff, ensure tools and machinery are maintained and capable of quality, ensuring that all work is checked and quality controlled.
• Working out the human and material resources needed; production scheduling / time.
• Allocation, checking stock / material requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft office
• MRP or ERP System (however training will be provided)
Supervising and motivating the team of workers; managing workload and output, regular constructive feedback to team or individuals where relevant, identifying training needs / job role development / team building oversees daily / weekly upkeep tasks and maintenance. Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed; regular toolbox checks, keeping qualifications up to date, enforcing safe working practices.
Background of the Production Manager
• Proven experience in Production management.
• Educated to Degree level.
• Energetic and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Accurate reporting skills.
• Good understanding of office tools.
The role requires you to be physically fit and hard working to meet the production demand, manual dexterity and mathematical skills are extremely important.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's