Looking for a new role and a new challenge? Interested in the exciting new technology we have in our Defence industry? And want to join this industry and be a part of our future defences? This could be the position for you!
This role will give you the chance to be responsible for the manufacture and delivery of all Tods product on time, to quality and regulatory requirements. The role involves management of a team of production operatives on the Portland factory and of site teams working in the UK and worldwide. Production activities cover a wide range of composite materials, including glass and carbon fibre resin systems, polyurethanes and all associated pattern and mould making. The role is responsible for the management, supervision and control of manufacturing processes and people in order to meet Company targets.
- Drive rigorous adherence to defined procedures
- Drive to achieve ‘Right First Time’ manufacturing, ensuring zero defects to the customer
- Drive reduction in non-conformance by ensuring that the team follow instructions and engage in practical problem-solving activities.
- Plan and control appropriately to ensure daily output is achieved
- Maintain and improve levels of productivity in accordance with agreed targets
- Ensure agreed cost aspects of the area are kept within agreed budget.
- Plan and Drive to meet the business’s ‘On-Time-In-Full’ delivery goal
- Ensure your team understands production schedule expectations
- Effectively deploy the team to achieve schedule and production targets daily
- Drive order delivery to meet contract dates
- Own the escalation of issues, and co-ordinate with others to ensure they are resolved
- Respond to customer queries as required and provide status on production and deliveries
- Ensure that 5S is championed, maintained, and audited.
- Support the team to achieve area targets
- Escalate or process capability, disciplinary and grievance issues as appropriate
- Work with Team Leaders to identify skill requirements and put training plans in place accordingly
- Champion Continuous Improvement within the team, encouraging improvement ideas
- Manage Performance and Absence (informally and formally) including PDRs and Absence Review Meetings.
- Results driven and quality focused
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- IOSH Managing Safely (or equivalent) qualification
- Motivate, involve, and engage team members to deliver departmental objectives
- Communicate and drive the Company culture and values
- Encourages team working and leads by example
- Experience of trouble shooting and problem solving
- Must be reliable, able to use own initiative and tolerate stressful situations
- Must be capable of managing information, organising, and planning with an attention to detail