Production Planning Manager
|Job Title:||Production Planning Manager|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2018 11:23|
KDC Resource are working with an innovative Aerospace organisation in the Bournemouth area who are seeking a Production Planning Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This position will offer you the opportunity to progress and develop your management skills in Production Planning for Aircraft Interiors. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Production Planning and CAM Programming teams.
• Ensuring all resources are in place to meet business deadlines, whilst maintaining the required quality standards and optimising production budgets for both material usage and labour hours.
• Maintaining a resource plan, monitoring and reporting on progress on a weekly basis.
• Providing updates to senior management (in written and verbal form) regarding the status of all current and emerging programmes.
• Utilising lean practices to drive the reduction of the elapsed time between the release of design data to the creation of Bill of Material demand for purchase parts, therefore reducing the overall lead time of design to production.
• Supporting change, encouraging standardisation and continuous improvement across both departments, incorporating new processes and procedures to meet the latest design data and aviation standards.
Required skills & experience:
• Experience working in the Aerospace sector
• Experience in leading teams in a project or functional environment with the ability to liaise and effectively maintain technical interfaces with all departments to ensure all requirements are met.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings, specifications and related documentation and to have a sufficient grasp of the manufacturing materials (composites), systems and processes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Mathematically competent and capable of operating various software systems such as MRP, Office (Excel, Word) and CAD viewing.
• Ability to implement best practice engineering, verifying the design as appropriate for manufacture and assembly.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's