The lucky candidate will have the chance to lead the management and coordination of all activities related to the fulfilment of assigned customer orders for our client from the time a program is handed over by the sales department until programme closure. In this position, you will be required to lead an Integrated Project Team (IPT) structure and have primary responsibility to maintain the programme performance and adherence to contractual obligations in respect to delivery, quality, cost, and weight criteria.
- Lead program task and team meetings in an efficient manner.
- Follow up on open items with each individual prior to their due date.
- Agree and maintain OEM submittal requirements and due dates.
- Estimate resources and participants required to achieve project goals. Where required, negotiate with department managers for the support of required personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and when not solved in team meetings escalate to the Head of Programmes.
- Define priorities within the project and agree on delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel with clear accountability within the program team.
- Supervise all BFE activities, including the timely placement and receipt of BFE orders, required for CDR, test and production seats.
- Ensure IFE test equipment is loaded with correct software level and is functioning properly to test the required system within contract specifications.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ relevant project management or equivalent experience. Aircraft interior experience desirable.
- Experience in Managing Project Profit & Loss Education.
- Degree educated in Engineering, Science, Business, or a related field.
- Desirably holding a formal PM Qualification. PRINCE 2 Practitioner, AGILE Practitioner
- Skills and competencies
- Strong, proven customer relations skills are required.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and the ability to positively influence customer decisions, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Results orientated with a proven track record of meeting commitments.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment are required.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Excellent organization skills are essential.
- Must have excellent internal and external communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.