- £50K (Dependant on experience)
- Southampton- Located next to the train station
- 40hrs per week 5 days a week
KDC Resource are working with an UK Aircraft manufacturer that has been producing aircraft continuously for a period spanning six decades. In addition to manufacturing civil and military aircraft, the Company is also a defence contractor specialising in the integration, installation, test and trials of mission equipment.
The Southampton office are responsible for the design and certification of any new project within the civil and defence fleets and requested upgrades to current aircraft.
This can range from a simple install of the latest Garmin version for navigation through to a complete new aircraft installation of surveillance equipment for a military customer working to various mil or def stans where EASA certification is not used.
The organisation currently has a large amount of project work due to a number of new project wins.
The team require the support of an experienced Aerospace PM to support the Design, Systems and Certification team to juggle resource to meet short and long term project goals with a demanding customer base.
Why is the position open?
Expansion of team to deal with client demands and project wins
- Project Management of the Design, Systems and Certification project work load to ensure ontime delivery across a variety of short and long term projects.
- Stakeholder Management both internally and externally.
- Project Scheduling, managing schedule slip,
- Reporting to Engineering management.
- Working with the Sales team to ensure promises can be met.
- Project Management - could be Prince 2 or APMP Qualified
- Project Scheduling
- Stakeholder Management Internal and External - Ideally including MOD.
- Experience with Small and Large Projects with competing Demands
- Design Office Experience
Aerospace experience essential
Additional Information / Desirable Skills
Aircraft Certification knowledge or experience of this environment within un-pressurized aircraft which is a number of years old would be desirable.