Our client offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customising satellite platforms and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites.
Principle responsibilities will include: customer liaison, planning project delivery, schedule management including identification of critical path activities, active risk management, management of project teams, sub-contractors and suppliers, managing project budgets in terms of cost and revenue and maintaining accurate forecasts.
- Deliver the company's projects allocated to budget, schedule, and quality constraints.
- Ownership of the Project Management work-package of multiple development projects: planning, identifying, and progressing critical paths, maintaining accurate forecasts, and managing risks
- Maintain accurate project forecasts and delivery of project revenue and profit expectations
- Negotiate specific project requirements with customers and manage necessary variations
- Actively manage risk, issue, and action registers, and project history logs
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management
- Manage the information flow to our project teams, partners, subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g. Critical Design Review) and ensure milestone schedules are met
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure their continued support
- Motivate and lead the Project teams to ensure a high level of performance
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors, partners, and suppliers
- Ensure continued resource availability to deliver the project plan
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work
- Ensure project is delivered within all statutory legal and procedural requirements
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business.
- Experience of managing and delivering complex engineering development projects
- Clear and disciplined competence in project management methodology, with professional certification highly desirable
- Use of suitable tools such as Microsoft Project to schedule, track, and measure project status and performance
- Definition, allocation, communication, and prioritisation of tasks and priorities, within a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing team
- Ability to work well in an engineering development team and contribute to the development of junior team members
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills for managing all key stakeholders including internal teams, supply-chain, customers and other key external stakeholders
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please click apply.