About the company
They are a fast growing, innovative company changing the way that software is developed in the space industry. With customers across the world, ranging from universities and space agencies to commercial organisations and start-ups, their core technologies enable our customers to develop and operate space-based systems and services faster, cheaper, and more reliably. Innovation is at the heart of what they do, and it is the team which drives that innovation; this is reflected in the commitment to employee ownership, which gives everyone a voice, and a stake, in current and future success.
KDC are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to take the lead in managing and coordinating both customer-driven and internal product development projects across the company.
As a key member of the team you would be responsible for working closely with project technical leads to manage projects, reporting both internally and directly to customers. This role will also be responsible for the coordination of projects, helping to ensure that other members of the team are able to work most effectively on the highest priority activities. Working in a small team of Project Managers, you will report into the Programme Manager. Your project management expertise will also be invaluable in helping with planning for project delivery, including during the preparation of bids, tenders, and proposals.
Essential Skills and Experience
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Planning and managing all stages of a software engineering project, from design to documentation according to a specified development process and timeframe
- Working alongside technical leads to deliver an engineering project
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures
- Organising, coordinating/chairing and participating in meetings, both internal team meetings and external customer/stakeholder meetings
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Assessing, tracking, and managing project risks and issues, and providing solutions where possible.
Additional Information and Benefits
- An interest in the space industry, especially in the rapidly moving “New Space” sector
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, the space industry, especially relevant management, product, and quality assurance standards
- Experience with different development processes, such as waterfall and agile
- Some experience of software development.
- A fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business pushing boundaries in the space industry.
- Flexible working based around core hours and options to work remotely or from one of the offices, enabling you to create your ideal work life balance.
- 36 days paid holiday per annum.
- 6% employer pension contribution.
- Company Sick Pay and Long-Term Sickness cover.
- Life Insurance.
- As a member of the team you would have a stake in the business through the Employee Benefit Trust which owns 16% of our business.
- Opportunities for international travel (post-COVID) for exhibitions and trade shows.
- Investment in you and your skill development and the opportunity to attend relevant events and conferences to aid career / skill development.
- Company events and regular activities for social engagement and team building.
- An open, supportive, inclusive environment where you can explore your ideas and make a big difference to the product and business.