Quality Engineer - Lineside
|Job Title:||Quality Engineer - Lineside|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2019 16:29|
Our global client based in the Chester area is looking for an experienced Quality Line Side Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
• To support the evaluation, co-ordination and monitoring of achieved levels of conformity in the product, process and services provided by the Manufacturing Business.
• To provide specialist Quality support and advice on drawings, parts, processes and support services, and to independently assure that Quality requirements have been met.
• To ensure that staff are developed to attain the necessary knowledge / skills, performance and experience and that the tools, systems and procedures with which they work are developed to support efficient business processes.
Major activities of Quality Line Side Engineer:
• Assures that the Quality system is being adhered to within the business by the business through surveillance activities.
• Assures that certification processes are consistently defined and applied within the business.
• Co-ordination and leadership of reported quality / technical issues from business teams and customers, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken by the accountable function through use of multifunctional team activities and that the originator of the issue is informed.
• To perform initial investigations (e.g. 8D, Retouches, PB's, CQLB's, RNCA's, NCA's) to assess probable cause, informing the accountable function and ensuring corrective and preventative action is taken within one shift, preventative action to be taken through problem solving analysis through multifunctional team activities.
• To perform process conformation and surveillance activities on all the product and process related activities conducted by those individuals who have been granted certification privileges.
• To conduct investigations to assess the probable cause of any deficiency noted during process conformation activities, informing the accountable function and ensuring corrective and preventative action is taken.
• The facilitation of the use of Quality tools and techniques within the business area.
• Provide support to the Quality Group Leader / Product Quality Manager for the day-to-day management of Quality Line Side Engineers.
• Creation of customer protection and visual management of issues.
• Data collection for conformance management teams.
Ideal candidates should have the following skills and experience:
• SAP Awareness and experience
• Lean Manufacturing Tools and Techniques
• Green/Black Belt
• Previous Lineside experience required
Please note you must have the right to work in the EU.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's