You will have the opportunity to join the Satellite & Space market focus team to imagine, develop and deliver advanced communications technologies that will enable the next generation of non- terrestrial networks.
Your role will leverage existing RF & Electromagnetics skillsets offering you the creative space and multidisciplinary supportive team to develop existing and create new blue-sky systems and technologies. As an RF engineer your role can be shaped how you want, with collaborative opportunities in business development, project management responsibility as well as the opportunity to go all out focusing on a particular technical challenge at system or device level.
As we enter the “new space” era with the realm of space opening up to commercialisation, the satellite and space team at our client appreciates that core skillsets from a diverse range of backgrounds are likely to be transferable to our exciting projects in the satellite and space sector. At S&S, you will be working on diverse projects ranging from designing systems for reliable and ubiquitous connectivity to enable drones delivering blood samples between hospitals to designing systems for satellite connectivity that enable constellations for earth observation and monitoring to track and decelerate climate change.
Our facilities are varied with a dedicated Satellite & Space RF laboratory including anechoic chamber as well as an on-site micro-fabrication facility and general physics & materials laboratories.
Your experience to-date can be flexible with this role being perfect for experienced engineers and recent graduates and post-docs. Opportunities also exist for working outside of the S&S group offering specialist RF & EM support to other client market teams whose operations include market focused industrial and medical applications.
Our client's values ambition, leadership, technical excellence, collaboration and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development, project leadership, emerging technologies, and involvement in the many markets in which we and our customers operate.
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class degree in electrical/electronic engineering with a bias towards RF engineering and Electromagnetics.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals and simulation of electromagnetics, microwave and RF engineering with a good appreciation of digital communications
- Hands-on experience with designing RF circuits and test equipment including antenna design and phased array
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
- Creativity and a hands-on attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to support and work with an interdisciplinary team
- Initiative to seek out and explore new opportunities
- A desire to develop new skills
Our client is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Free lunch
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Several types of family-friendly leave available to parents
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
If you're interested in learning more, please apply directly or contact myself on 01202 596374 or firstname.lastname@example.org