RF Microwave Design Engineer
|Job Title:||RF Microwave Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Clark|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 09:09|
Our global, industry-leading, defence and space client are currently expanding their RF department and are looking for an RF/Microwave Design Engineer to join them on their Portsmouth site developing SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters, Receivers and Beacon equipment for satellite communication payloads from UHF through to Ka band.
This would be a contracting position, more details of which we can provide following your application.
Your Key responsibilities would be:
• Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment; including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
• Undertake detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up using Keysight ADS
• Perform development testing of own designs and support to the lead engineer
• Generate equipment analysis documentation for internal and external Design reviews
• Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level
• Technically Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
• Experience in RF-Microwave circuit design and development of sub-system architectures for high frequency analogue equipment, ideally (but not essential) in satellite communications.
• Experience of high-speed digital serial links would be advantageous
• Recent experience with Keysight ADS (preferably version 2011 and later)
• Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills particularly within a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to liaise with internal projects and component suppliers.
• Experience using RF and microwave test equipment
Don't hesitate to apply! Following your application we can provide more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's