KDC are looking for a Safety Engineer for our client:
Who provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. They search for new ways to provide customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We are looking for a Safety Engineer with an active SC Clearance to provide support to the Engineering Delivery Manager in the development, delivery and maintenance of the Project Product Safety Management System and Product Safety Case to ensure Products are safe to own and legal to operate.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Safety Management System
- Produce and manage project safety management plans.
- Lead product safety hazard and risk identification, management, and assessment activities
- Oversee the administration and management of the Project Hazard Log
- Deliver training to the Product Safety and Environmental domains and the wider BAE Systems community
- Lead engagement with internal and external customers, ensuring that their requirements are fully considered and adequately supported where appropriate and agreed.
- Complete peer reviews, checking, verification and assurance tasks to demonstrate the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation. Oversee and peer review junior rules in the Product Safety team
- Understand the application of wider Safety Case, Quality and HS and E Management System documentation.
- Production of Safety Management Plans
- Hazard identification and management.
- Safety Management System development and maintenance including Process updates.
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professional chartership or working towards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design, manufacturing, assembly, commissioning, and testing submarines life cycle phases.
- MS Office proficient – Word, Excel etc Awareness of the challenges posed by the environment that the product will be exposed to.
- The ability to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical issues.
- Ability to interpret technical data and produce clear, logical, and robust safety arguments.
Rate is inside of IR35 and dependent on budget of work package.
Contract- 6 months with possible extensions.
Location is flexible, will require some office and remote working.
Full time position- 37 hours per week.
If you are interested in finding out more, then please click apply.