Security Engineering Analyst
|Job Title:||Security Engineering Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Clark|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 09:49|
Our Bournemouth-based client is currently looking for a Security Engineering Analyst to join their new IT team as a security engineering analyst. The Information Technology Security Engineering Analyst plans and implements security controls, in conjunction with the Security Architect. They perform risk assessments of new products and services, both on premises and cloud based and of changes to existing configurations. They investigate security incidents in conjunction with SOC analysts, to develop and implement a mitigation plan. They are also responsible for preventing compromise, data loss and service interruptions by identifying new technologies that will effectively protect the network and all data stored locally and in cloud applications.
Someone with experience of Prevention and Mitigation techniques within network security would be perfect for this role. There is also potential for 1 day per week working from home!
Your responsibilities would be:
• Designing computer security architecture and developing detailed cyber security designs in conjunction with the Security Architect
• Protecting systems by defining access privileges, and control structures
• Implementing security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Determining security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
• Prepare reports that document security breaches, the extent of the damage caused by the breaches and controls to update to prevent similar breaches
• Develop security standards and best practices for their organization
• Develop, implement and test corporate disaster recovery plans
• Conducting regular vulnerability scanning testing using security scanning tools designed to identify existing vulnerabilities
• Conduct regular Penetration testing against corporate infrastructure designed to illuminate infrastructure
• Advise developers and engineers on security concepts, security of various protocols and technologies, as well as secure development practices.
• Engineering, implementing and monitoring of security controls for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
• Identifying and defining system security requirements
• Experience in security architecture, security application scanning, vulnerability assessment, network and application security protection, prevention and mitigation techniques
• Knowledge of common encryption technologies (PGP, SSH, TLS, etc.) and authentication protocols (RADIUS, LDAP, Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH, etc.)
• Security certifications, i.e. CISSP, SANS/GIAC, CISA, CISM, etc.
• Experience with Public clouds such as AWS and MS Azure and associated security threats/mitigations, and common attack vectors
Don't hesitate to apply! Following your application, we can provide more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Engineering Manager - Hydraulic Systems
£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, car allowance, Medical, share scheme, 28 days holiday + 8bh
CAD Technician / Draught Person
In line with experience
£30 - £35 per hour
Industrial Software Engineer
In line with experience