Senior Aircraft System Architect
KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Aircraft System Architect
with a strong technical background to join their company in Germany. The ideal candidate for this position would have great experience in technical leadership for aircraft and systems teams
as well as the ability to see the big picture when making technical decisions. Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination. Our client is looking for a candidate that is passionate about eVTOL technology that will fit in with the brilliant working culture they are developing. The Role
This position has surfaced following the recent growth of both the aircraft engineering and Aircraft integration teams. Our client is looking for an experience Aircraft System Architect to join the company as the technical lead for these growing teams and take responsibility for the successful configuration, integration, aircraft design & definition, validation and verification and all applied engineering processes. The overall aim of the position is to provide the basis for successful aircraft certification. Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical Leadership for aircraft and system teams
- To lead all Systems Management tasks
- To manage physical integration
- To manage safety & dependability and deliver to airworthiness
- To manage aircraft qualification and V&V
- To act as an enabler for engineering e.g., mature processes
- To manage aircraft budgets & margins
- To manage technical coherence and integrity over the product lifetime
- To follow-up the continuous airworthiness and promote technical innovations
- To anticipate and identify risks, introduce countermeasures to mitigate risk to an acceptable level.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in aviation (or related discipline)
- Minimum of 12 years of proven experience as a Systems Engineer in aeronautical projects
- Proficient in a minimum of three systems engineering domains (e.g., Safety, Avionics, S/W Engineering)
- Outstanding leadership competencies in combination with profound knowledge in people management. o Ability to see the "big picture", connect and collaborate system-wide, and be an exceptional communicator
- Outstanding organizing ability in combination with a hands-on attitude
- Good writing and speaking skills in English, excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Hands-on experience with Agile Scrum (SAFe)
- Requirements Based Engineering (RBE), Value-Based Engineering (VBE), and trade-off technics
- Available to travel, if/as required.
This role includes a full relocation package as well as competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.