Senior Avionics Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Avionics Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Clark|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 16:09|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our global client as a senior avionics systems engineer. Our client is the producer of one of the most successful civil aircraft ever manufactured in the UK.
With over 50 years of experience continuously producing aircraft, our client wants you to provide technical support for the Military Technical Support Service contract in the area of avionics systems responsibility.
Training is offered (as appropriate) to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Your main tasks:
• To ensure compliance with the FWMAS contract for Technical Support Service (SPMAP/001) to maximise performance on behalf of BN Defence.
• Act as a Senior Engineer and a CVE to provide guidance and assistance to the Military TSS team.
• Act as a Board and Design signature in an appropriate discipline.
• To provide technical direction to the Mil TSS Team to obtain responses in a timely manner to any Technical Query (TQ) from FWMAS; in addition, provide signature to TQ response for Avionics Queries.
• Review each UFRs received from FWMAS for acceptability and whether additional design data is required. If civil and/or military design data is required, then do not proceed with UFR and submit Task request to MoD. If UFR is acceptable and the response can be based upon existing civil design and where appropriate existing military design, then promulgate the UFR to the Mil TSS Technical Publication team for prosecution.
• Liaise with BNA Design to ensure that the military design data set does not diverge from the civil aircraft standard, unless agreed in writing from BNA Design
• Review and plan for incentivised' Tasks to ensure compliance with the output date. In particular, providing direction and review of core' team output.
• Degree / HND / HNC in related engineering subject
• 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A* - C
• Aerospace Design office and avionics design
• Experience in dealing with MoD including MAA
• Experience dealing with CAA / EASA
• Shop floor / manufacturing
Benefits of the role include 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), a contributory pension scheme, Eligibility to join the healthcare system (post-probation period) and free parking.
Don't hesitate to apply! We can run through some more details about the role after receiving your application.
Keywords: Systems, Engineer, Senior, Avionics, Training, Defence, MOD, Aerospace
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's