Are you a Battery Systems Engineer with experience developing Lithium-ion battery systems? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of emerging and disruptive technology?
Well KDC are currently working with a futuristic and rapidly growing Aerospace company based in Germany, who are developing the world's first all-electric vertical take-off and landing air taxi which is going to change travel as we know it.
We are currently looking for a Senior Battery Systems Engineer who is able to relocate to Germany on a permanent basis. Within this role you will work in the System Development team and take charge of Battery Systems Development, you will be able to use your specific experience in integrating batteries into mobility systems and contribute directly to the constant improvement of this unique, safe and simple flight experience.
As this company are truly working at the forefront of emerging and disruptive aerospace technology, we need people who are not scared to think outside the box and push the boundaries of engineering.
As a minimum, you will need to have an MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in engineering (electronics, electrical, aerospace, mechatronics, or related field) and 3-5 years of relevant experience in developing lithium-ion battery systems.
To give you an idea of your everyday responsibilities please see some examples below:
- Develop an advanced battery system for the air taxi, including the battery management system (BMS) and the thermal management of the battery.
- Explore innovative energy storage concepts for the air taxi, and develop prototypes in close cooperation with external laboratories.
- Elaborate requirements definition and system specification for the battery system.
- Create simulation models that support optimization of the battery system (e.g. thermal simulation).
- Coordinate external partners and suppliers.
- Survey the market for new energy storage technologies, especially for lithium-ion batteries. Assess possible applications for the Volocopter.
- Identify relevant patents related to energy storage.
- Define test plans for the battery system.
- Execute battery system tests.
- Coordinate battery system tests with external laboratories and test facilities.
As well as working in this exciting and innovative business; this opportunity is also offering a competitive expatriate salary with an inclusive benefits package.
Are you ready to change the future of aviation? If so, get in touch with Nathan Sweeney at KDC Resource through the methods shown!