Senior Combat Systems Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Combat Systems Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Sweeney|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2017 13:22|
In this unique and exciting role you can expect to be involved in a range of different project areas, including: Submarine Systems, Surface Combatant Systems, Mine Warfare Systems, Maritime Security Systems, Unmanned Vehicles, Naval Weapons, Maritime Communication Systems and Anti-Submarine Warfare Systems. If any of these areas take your fancy, or you have experience, then get in touch.
This role works closely within ISO15288 Systems Engineering process so a good understanding of this process, and any other Military and Defence Standards would be very beneficial and such candidates should certainly ring me!
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Accountable for the delivery of technical outputs by the team to time, cost and quality; applying project management methodologies/tools and system engineering principles/tools
• Build and develop positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external customers
• Approval of technical costs of work packages at bid and contract stages ensuring added value is maximised by working with work package leads to develop cost efficient technical solutions within the budget allocated; reporting progress and cost to completion to Project Managers; identifying and active management of risks, making accurate risk assessments when committing the business to major decisions
• Identify technical advances to support customers benefits and opportunities for new business
• Highly motivated, energetic, able to see the big picture
• Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment
• Strive to deliver innovation and best practice
• The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace
• Consistently sound judgement and decision making
• Promotes a can do attitude
• Energy to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results
• Strive to provide a superior customer service
• Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects
• Strive to exceed stakeholder expectations
Due to the nature of this role we are looking for candidates whom have, or can easily obtain SC clearance. As a minimum you will need to hold a British passport, have been born in the UK and have at least the last 5 years as a resident inside the UK.
If you are interested or would like to find out more please contact Nathan Sweeney at KDC resource by applying through the methods shown.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's