Senior Engineer - Landing Gear Systems
|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Landing Gear Systems|
|Salary:||£30 - £35 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 16:58|
Rate - £35 p/h
Length - 12 Months
Are you a Senior Engineer in the aerospace sector with an abundance of experience in Landing Gear Systems? Do you operationally lead multi-disciplinary teams and ensure the delivery of tasks to meet the technical lead?
This position is based in Bristol, and you would report into the head of department.
Reporting functionally and operationally to the head of Group, the Senior ATA32 Engineer shall perform the following activities:
• Reactive & development programme activities including resolution of Flight Test & Rig Test issues (Snags etc.), Certification & V&V.
• Manage System/equipment related modifications from initial definition to certification.
• Lead complex activities covering all parts of the WBT development, covering both Systems and Equipment tasks, leading a project team of ATA32 Engineers and interfacing with CVEs and Landing Gear System & Equipment vendors to ensure the development of an integrated technical solution and development plan.
• Leads complex activities for WBT reporting through the Head of Group plus the Engineering Programme Manager (EPM) and Vendor Technical Managers (VTMs) within EL, along with interfacing with the Local Chief Engineering Team at the relevant technical and programme reviews.
• Ensuring adherence to budget and schedule for each task; managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
You will be expected to:
• To lead and undertake Engineering activities covering a broad variety of Landing Gear Systems & Equipment Engineering tasks, delivering integrated technical solutions both autonomously and by leading small multi-functional teams within the fast-moving and dynamic BCS, WSCS & WBT perimeter.
• To lead activities across the Wheel, Brake & Tyre (WBT) perimeter with a strong technical understanding of the entire Landing Gear System.
• To ensure all Engineering activities under your leadership meets the necessary Safety, Time/Cost/Quality standards and are delivered in line with commitments.
• To ensure all engineering activities are in line with cascaded ATA32 requirements and verified through the V&V plan to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations and design requirements.
• As a Principal ATA32 engineer within EL, demonstrated leadership and communication skills are crucial, plus commensurate engineering experience. A proven track record of delivering to time, cost and quality is essential along with experience in stakeholder management & leading project teams.
Please send your CV's through and call 01202 596366 for more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's