The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified product and customer requirements, by
- Analysing requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown
- Preparing FPGA architectural and detailed designs and documentation
- FPGA design generation and implementation
- FPGA design verification
- Integration of FPGAs onto the target platform
- Providing FPGA technical support
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Supporting the company FPGA development process and procedure updates
- All FPGAs are designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated FPGA development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise. The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in at least one major tool or technique used by Client
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing Clients Defence and Space on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
- Report to Team Leader or Prime as appropriate
- Technical interface to Customers
- Effective collaboration with other engineering disciplines to agree specifications and to carry out integration and test
- Co-ordinate own time management with regard to project task milestones
- The focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Analytical – To identify and isolate errors in the FPGA or integrated target platform, their likely causes and solutions.
- Ingenuity – To work on his/her own on a complete FPGA design from concept to delivery.
- Must have experience of FPGA design & implementation for communications equipment or equivalent
- Must have excellent FPGA development process knowledge
- Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in design methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting
- Must have recent design experience of devices from the following suppliers:
- Desirable to have recent experience of using several of the following tools/development environments:
- Altera Quartus II
- Mentor ModelSim
- MicroSemi Libero IDE
- Microsemi Libero SoC
- Xilinx Vivado
- Must be proficient in the use of VHDL
- Must be proficient in the use of at least one simulation tool
- Must be proficient in the use of at least one FPGA synthesis tool
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have good team working skills
This role requires current SC Clearance.
As a successful candidate you will be expected to work a 37 hour week on a day rate or £400/day LTD company.
If you are interested in the role, please apply or contact myself on 01202 596374.