Senior Software Design Architect/Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Software Design Architect/Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Clark|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019 09:47|
Our Innovative, dynamic and industry-leading client is looking for an experienced and motivated Software Design Architect Engineer to join them on their mission at their Harwell site to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind's continued use of space as an asset.
This client uses a unique approach to deal with space-debris and has received over $148m of funding to date for their innovative methodology. They are looking to rapidly expand their company in order to meet their ambitions.
There will be some travelling to Astroscale Japan in Tokyo.
We're looking for someone with:
• 5+ Years of commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
• Experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
• Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, Spacewire.
• Experience of implementing real-time systems and software solutions on spacecraft missions
• Experience in developing and implementing test plans for spacecraft.
It would be a bonus if you have:
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development practices.
• Experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
• Knowledge of Ground segment architectures.
• Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
• Development on Linux systems.
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, bash).
• Knowledge of assembler for microcontrollers.
• A basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit servicing.
• Whilst the working language across all Astroscale divisions is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset
Don't Hesitate to apply! Following your application, we can provide more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's