Senior Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||In line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Abi Hart|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 16:54|
You will provide technical knowledge to projects and bids and actively contribute to the development of their technology and associated engineering processes.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
• Contribute to definition/development of Systems Engineering technical strategy
• Contribute to and lead customer meetings where appropriate
• Team leading - facilitate maximizing the performance of the team through motivation, conflict management, good communication
• Contribute to bids and estimating - increase the chance of successful bid by providing appropriate/quality input to the satisfaction of the Bid Manager and other stakeholders
• Act as technical lead and design authority for nominated projects through the entire lifecycle
• Carry out requirements engineering/management and engineering design methods as required
• Development and maintenance of key system engineering documents including system and sub system requirements, configuration and other technical documentation including manuals and training material
• Understanding and reviewing systems, hardware, software, test and integration documentation to confirm that the hardware, software and architecture design are compliant
Required skills and experience:
• Previous experience as a Systems Engineer with an Aerospace, Defence, Electronics environment (Complex Safety Critical Systems).
• Good working knowledge of CRADLE or DOORS (Requirements Management Tool)
• A background in IT / Hardware / Software (not mechanical)
• Hands on networking skills (including knowledge of routers and their configuration) and network design/architecture skills.
• Domain knowledge, with experience in the application of systems engineering to the entire product life cycle from inception to delivery
• Proven track record and technical experience in systems such as radar, electronic warfare, surveillance and communications systems
• Knowledge and experience of Engineering Design Reviews
• Experience of regulatory requirements and procedures related to air traffic management and airborne systems is desirable
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's