Senior Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||George Allen|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2021 17:27|
This position has surfaced as our client requires a Systems Engineer to work within the Surveillance Systems business to develop and deliver Company and Customer Funded systems projects based upon our client's radar technology. Activities will include all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from System Concept through to Delivery and Acceptance, including Bid Support, System Design and System Integration.
• Experience of systems design, integration & test.
• An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
• An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
• Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
• The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
• Computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed, and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports.
• An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
• Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
• Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g., RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
• Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
• Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
• The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
• Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET, INCOSE).
• UK Security clearance.
• UK Driving License.
Skills and Experience:
• Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable.
• Adaptable, resourceful and proactive approach.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good presentation and time management skills.
• Customer and results focussed.
• An aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's