Looking for a new role? Interested in developing your career further working with cutting edge technology and highly skilled engineers? Then this could be the role you’ve been looking for.
Our client’s engineering team is looking to grow with the addition of an experienced seating design engineer to the technical leadership group. This is a great time to join this ever-growing team and develop your skills within Aircraft Seating. You will have the chance to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support the delivery of seating products for new customer programs. The duties include, but are not limited to, those shown below:
Skills and Attributes
- Engineering Project Lead for new product development projects, including:
- Liaising with the Programme Manager and Engineering Manager to plan projects and time
- Management of engineering team members according to the requirements of the project and available skillsets.
- Regular communication within the engineering department to ensure the team is on track and reporting progress to the Programme Manager
- Releasing and managing engineering data though the internal approval loop between all departments.
- Act as Seat Design (Mechanical engineering) subject matter expert in support of all our clients product development activities, including:
- Use of in-depth knowledge of all regulatory and compliance requirements to guide optimised seat design
- Leadership and application of Cost and Weight optimisation techniques
- Application of manufacturing and tooling knowledge (DFM) to ensure shortest development lead-times are adopted
- Support Supply Chain with the strategic development of key commodity suppliers
- Preparing and presenting both internal and customer design
- Specification and application of appropriate CAE tools (e.g. component analysis, system dynamic modelling, digital mock-up etc) to ensure the continued successful application of our clients virtual design and development
Qualifications & Experience
- CATIA experience (V5/V6) & Solidworks.
- Understanding of EASA Part 21G/J.
- Experience with manufacturing processes applicable to aircraft seat design.
- Experience presenting design solutions to internal and external customers.
Key Words: Senior Design Engineer, Aircraft Seating, CATIA, Solidworks, EASA Part 21J/G.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a senior seating design engineer, including experience in all phases of development (from concept to launch)