Software Architect- Autonomous Flight
KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Architect with extensive knowledge of autonomous flight technologies to join an established eVTOL company in Germany. The ideal candidate would also have experience with several mission software architectures. Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination. Our client is looking for a candidate that is passionate about eVTOL technology that will fit in with the brilliant working culture they are developing. What you’ll be doing
We are looking for an experienced software architect to manage the development of safety critical autonomy platform for their eVTOL platforms and to assist the entire lifecycle. You’ll bring top-notch software engineering skills and can contribute to the systems immediately. You’ll be working with members from hardware, software, and algorithm point of view to develop and deploy the autonomy platform. This is an opportunity to solve the core autonomy challenges and bring autonomy in the UAM market.
What you’ll need
- You will define the strategic vision and execution roadmap of the autonomy software architecture.
- You will review and advice on software architecture and designs.
- You will formulate process to ensure work quality remains high and maintain a clear software architecture.
- You will drive decision on processes and technologies to use, Act as mentor to the SW developer team.
- You will follow industry trends and serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry.
- Extensive knowledge of autonomous flight technologies and pipeline.
- Broad understanding of real time optimisation from sensors and hardware to system software.
- Experience in driving technical strategy and vision for engineering teams and organisations.
- Experience with certification and DO178C process, demonstrated experience in defining and/or verifying low-level software structure, inter process communication, and scheduling in RTOS. Previous experience as a Software developer (e.g., C, C++, Rust).
- Experience with multiple mission software architectures Excellent skills in summarizing and presenting complex solutions.
- Deep architectural knowledge of Linux based embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of UAM challenges Ability to mentor other developers.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.