Software Architect - Space Systems
|Job Title:||Software Architect - Space Systems|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2019 14:10|
Software Architect & Technical Manager
• System Design Authority - responsible for the overall design of software systems, compliance to requirements and any applicable legislation and acceptance by clients.
• Plan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
• Management of technical team, including subcontracts if required.
• Technical point of contact with the client
• Production of documents (technical and also development plans)
• Preparation for and presentation of formal technical milestone reviews (e.g. Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test)
• Responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of the project to schedule, budgeted effort and quality requirements.
Preparation of proposals to win new work including:
• Understanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope.
• Specification of the solution, trading off alternatives
• Accurately estimating the effort required to implement the solution (covering the full life-cycle of the project)
• Writing clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
• On occasion, the role can require hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches & frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications / Experience
• Degree in relevant subject with Software Engineering modules or equivalent experience
• Ideally the candidate will have at least 10 years commercial experience of software development, preferably in a space engineering domain.
• Technical proposal writing
• Requirements analysis
• Software system design using modern architectures
• Integration and Test
• Software Team leadership
• Accurate software development effort estimation
• Configuration management (Git source code control)
• Good working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
• Knowledge of Space Ground Segment software domains (Control Centres, Earth Observation)
• UML (Enterprise Architect)
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Continuous integration/deployment environments (Jenkins)
• Understanding of virtualisation / cloud based computing
• Web content management (Drupal / PHP)
• Relational database design and solutions (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, SQL)
• Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
• Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
• Linux development
• Scripting (e.g. shell, perl, python)
• Strong written and oral communication
• Team player, open and keen to contribute
• Conscientious, hard working
• Attention to detail
If this position is something of interest, please send through your CV and call 01202 596366 to speak to Eugene.