KDC Resource is working closely with a key client who are seeking a dedicated and tenacious Software Engineer to work on full lifecycle development from analysis, development and testing through to delivery of specialised cyber capabilities. This position demands an autonomous individual who is looking for the opportunity to develop bespoke solutions to challenging problems. You will have developed in a multi-platform environment and will have a broad knowledge of system level computer operations and architecture.
This is an office-based position with significant time spent at client sites, in either London or Cheltenham.
You will need the following skills and experience:
- C++, C, Python and other languages
• C++, C, Python and other languages
• System level programming in Unix / Linux / Mac OS X
• Application level programming on Linux/Windows
• Computer and Network security
• Good software engineering skills (development practice, use of standard tools and documented design)
• Full development lifecycle
• Team working, technical team leading and oral/written communication
• Taking pride in developing high quality software to solve hard problems
You will also have a degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Security or similar and will hold, or have the ability to gain, DV security clearance.
Experience of device driver and kernel level programming in Unix like OS's and an appreciation of IP networking and network applications (especially security) is also highly desirable.
For more details or a full job specification, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nathan Sweeney on 01202 596 365.