|Job Title:||Space Communication|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||January 07, 2019 15:41|
Specific job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the design, development of a high data rate free optical communication detector and data management system for an airborne payload.
• Design, assembly of electrical and data subsystems for a nanosatellite laser communication terminal.
• Verify designs through simulation and laboratory to ensure they meet requirements, working with AIT lead.
• Design and manufacturing of test equipment, working closely with AIT lead. Analysis of test data and testing equipment, subsystems as required.
• Planning, completing and documenting validation and qualification testing of new designs.
• Managing external subcontractors where appropriate
• Experience developing high speed electronics architecture for communication applications, ideally in a space environment.
• Practical experience with digital signal processing methods, hardware, design.
• Experience designing, testing PCBs. Electronic circuits design, review and component procurement, ideally for a space environment.
• FPGA design, programming and integration experience for aerospace application.
• Experience developing electrical subsystems for space environment
• Proficient English, positive attitude, self-driven and interested in working in a start-up environment.
• Independent, quick learner, can structure and show initiatives to thoroughly evaluate and solve problems from different angles, proactively push progress forward
Desirable additional skills/experience:
• Soldering to Space industry standards (Certification would be a plus).
• Experience designing, implementing free space optical communication systems and relevant electronics, particularly intensity modulation methods (OOK, PPM, PAM), detection, noise reduction, signal processing, interleaving, forwards error correction.
• Systems engineering experience, exposure.
What they can offer in return:
• They work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
• You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
• Bonus and equity for excellent impact
• Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
• Travel and training bursaries, as needed
• Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
• The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Please get in contact!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's