Space Segment Engineer
|Job Title:||Space Segment Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary Offered|
|Contact Name:||Eugene McIntyre|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 11:01|
• Initiate, in collaboration relevant Departments, activities related to space segment technology and product development for telecommunication satellites.
• Establish and control relevant requirements, specifications and general documentation.
• Negotiate, monitor and control contracts and activities related to space segment technology and product development.
• Provide inputs to status reports for ARTES activities.
• Contribute to the identification and definition of space segment product and technology needs for future satellite communication services.
• Coordinate specialized engineering support
• Evaluation of candidate ideas for inclusion in the ARTES technology development work plans, including provision of feedback to the idea proponents, in collaboration with the relevant technical experts.
• Evaluation of the outline proposals for the co-funded ARTES activities and provision of feedback to the proposing entities.
• Support the promotion of the ARTES CC program and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis.
• University degree (MSc minimum) in Aerospace Engineering, Telecommunications or another relevant engineering discipline.
• At least 2 years relevant industrial experience.
• Solid experience in design, analysis implementation and testing of space segment technology (platform and payload), equipment or subsystems for satellite communication applications.
• Sound knowledge of different types of equipment and subsystems, and their functions at system level, would be an asset.
• Specific knowledge and experience in one of the following payload domains: active antennas, digital signal processing, optical communication would be desirable.
• Experience in the management of development contracts for platform and/or payload technology and products would be an asset.
• Experience in space segment development projects, equipment/subsystem procurement, Assembly, Integration and Test and/or commissioning could be useful.
If the position sounds of interest, please send your CV's through and call Eugene on 01202 596366.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's