|Job Title:||Stress Engineer|
|Salary:||£35 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Adam Stockley|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2020 12:32|
KDC are currently seeking a Stress Engineer for one of the leading suppliers in aeronautics and defence.
Undertake design tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager using computer aided engineering (CAE) analysis tools. In conjunction with the Technical Director define design methodology and provide design solutions that satisfy design to cost and design for manufacture best practice.
• Prepare technical proposals and quotations. Check analysis, technical reports and Engineering Instructions. Technically direct Structural Engineers and sub-contractors.
• Design analysis to ensure the project scope of work and technical specification is met in full and to budget and production constraints.
• Engineering technical support for other functions. Advise on material selection and processing. Develop designs into production ready product that meets the requirement specification.
• Produce technical reports in support of analysis.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders, external suppliers and the customers and ensure that the New Product Introduction process is adhered to.
• Ensure all design activity and project work is carried out to Company procedures or overriding customer requirements.
• When directed to be Project owner you will be responsible for design file management, project resource management, project schedule adherence, project budget management. Provide monthly reports to the Project Manager on project performance as required.
• Other tasks as required in support of company strategy as directed by the Technical Director.
• Aerospace/Defence, composites and manufacturing process experience
• Approximately 3 years stress analysis experience of applicable structures using MSC NASTRAN PATRAN and hand calculations, including project ownership
• Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent experience and further professional training
• Ability to make instinctive design decisions with limited information
• Ability to direct and influence the performance of junior employees
• Good understanding of engineering office procedures and excellent organisational skills
• Computer literate
• Excellent external and internal communication skills including report writing and active participation in engineering review meetings
• A good team player with a flexible attitude to work load
The successful candidate would be expected to work full time at an hourly rate of £35/hr Ltd Company.
The initial length of this contract is for 6 months with an expectation it may be extended.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, then please apply or contact myself on 01202 596374.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's