Are you a Sub Contracts Manager looking for a progressive role in a global company? Do you have experience in the space sector providing product development on cutting-edge technology? Do you have strong leadership skills to execute the development and delivery of a contract of around £40m? This position that could offer you a challenging 6 month contract but more than likely 24 Months in total working on a major, complex and technically innovative project.
- Own and be accountable for the deliveries of the product as well as all associate documentation.
- Proactive management of supplier schedules to ensure supplier delivery dates meet the needs of the business. This requires risk anticipation and mitigation, rapid management of any non-conformances, and generally being proactive and dynamic in resolving issues as they occur.
- Lead and pace the development as appropriate, and ensure monthly progress reports and progress meetings provide adequate information for the required decisions to be taken, without disturbing the development flow.
- Report weekly to the all instruments project managers, monthly with inputs in the instrument-level progress report.
- Make sure risks are proactively identified and mitigated and that contingency plans are implemented.
- Take total accountability for on-time, on-quality delivery of complex, innovative and technically challenging equipment's on a cutting-edge, pioneering development programme.
-Manage a range of international suppliers with an intimate knowledge of the suppliers' operational processes, strengths and weaknesses.
- Degree in an Aerospace or relevant Electrical Engineering subject. Technical skills and appetite to quickly understand the key technical attributes of these receivers & their development logic and therefore enable productive dialogue with all stakeholders
- Proven experience as a space product development project manager or subcontract manager (similar role)
- Proven experience within complex development projects in Space, Aerospace or Defence, having achieved delivery to the highest standard
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with German companies is highly desirable, preferably fluent in German language
- Willingness to travel as and when required
- Relationship builder pulling through added value from and to subcontractors. Proven ability to work embedded in a Subcontractor's team
- Problem-solving mind-set, can do attitude and creativity, not reporting issues but achieving rapid resolution
- Advanced level of Microsoft Project proficiency
If the position sounds of interest, please click apply or call Eugene on 01202 596366.