The Supplier Quality Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for Quality Management System compliance and ensuring delivery of conforming product to end Customer.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Perform Supplier Quality control on PCB / Black Box Assemblies, Environment Stress Screening, Loom Manufacture, Electrical / Black Box Testing and PCB Coating Process adherence.
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensure inspection process adherence and associated physical sign-off of product prior to despatch.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Track Quality metrics, and implement activities to drive improvements.
- Must have previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer within the Aerospace arena and the individual will be electronically biased.
- First Article Inspections (AS9102) - essential
- IPC610 Soldering Standard - essential
- IPC620 Cabling Standard - essential
- Visual Fair (application) knowledge would be advantageous.
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Sound electro-mechanical engineering background and associated inspection knowledge.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.