|Job Title:||Systems Architect|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Adam Stockley|
|Job Published:||February 02, 2021 11:51|
KDC are looking for an Earth Observation (EO) Software Architect to support pivotal project work over the coming months and years, as well as offering the chance to support with bid and proposal writing to shape future projects for one of their Space clients.
Our client is based in the UK containing over 2500 people working in the growing field of Space Systems and operations and Geo-Information. It is majority owned by Leonardo, one of the UK's largest defence, aerospace and security companies Our client is looking to fill a diverse and critical role to support our broad Space systems architecture work covering missions across UK and European, in civil and defence.
Duties & Responsibilities
oSystem Design Authority - responsible for the design of EO data storage, processing and exploitation systems
oPlan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
oProduction of documents (technical and also development plans)
oPreparation and participation in technical reviews
• Preparation of proposals to win new work including:
oUnderstanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope.
oSpecification of the solution, trading off alternatives
oWriting clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
• Software Development
oOn occasion the role can require hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches & frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications & Experience
• University Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline with software modules. The candidate should also have around 10 years commercial experience of software development, preferably in a geospatial domain
• Requirements analysis
• Software system design using modern architectures
• Configuration management (Git source code control)
• Agile software development methodology
• Linux development
• Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST)
• User Identification, Authentication and Authorisation (e.g. SAML, OAUTH, OIDC)
• Continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins)
• Virtualisation / cloud based computing
• Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of earth observation data types, exploitation platforms and processing
• Knowledge of OGC Standards (e.g. WPS, WMS, WFS, WCS)
• Technical proposal writing
• Integration and Test
• Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
• Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
• Scripting (e.g. shell, perl, python)
• Strong written and oral communication
• Team player, open and keen to contribute
• Conscientious, hard working
• Attention to detail
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, then please apply or contact me on 01202 596374.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's