The Ideal candidate will have experience in handling complex engineering projects using a variety of sensors as inputs, defining the network interconnections and the appropriate systems to meet the customer requirements, and signing off the requirements against the final system design. They will be focussed on delivering projects on time and to specification and have a track record of doing so. They should also be familiar with all aspects of the systems engineering lifecycle and be capable of demonstrating that capability.
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security Solutions business
- Technical support to Business development, including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production.
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into our clients system designs.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Assist in the development and specification of software features where required to meet system requirements.
- Knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Proven experience of working on multiple complex engineering programmes for both internal development (PV) and customer projects
- Good Knowledge of the Use of DOORS and Jira to track compliance to requirements and ensure accurate traceable completion of projects.
- Knowledge Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking, or electro-optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience)