Team Lead Drivetrain & Low-Voltage Network
|Job Title:||Team Lead Drivetrain & Low-Voltage Network|
|Salary:||Dependent on Experience|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Griffiths|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2020 15:40|
KDC is working with a futuristic aerospace company in Germany that has assembled a team of world class engineers who are currently working on developing a fully autonomous eVTOL aircraft. They have successfully completed several test flights and have developed state of the art R&D facilities.
Our client is currently looking for someone with expertise in developing electrical systems that can lead a team to develop state of the art technology.
You will oversee the development of our client's electric propulsion unit (electric drive, inverter, etc.), the On-Board Power (LV voltage network) and the EWIS. With your ideas you build the future of modern aviation. With a direct reporting line to our CTO, you are a key member of the development team. You will design and implement a safe system that matters for people all over the world, a system that will literally take off in front of you.
You will be leading the development of:
• The electric propulsion unit
• The OnBoard Power system
• The EWIS
As such, you will define safety-relevant requirements and functions with adequate methods (FMEA etc.). You will lead the electric propulsion unit team, organize the work with the team members and ensure people management.
Moreover, you will manage suppliers for the development of all the related equipment. And make sure to manage interfaces with all other system, especially High Voltage Batteries, Flight Control and Avionics system.
• MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in engineering (mechatronics, electronics, power engineering, aerospace, physics or related fields) or similar work experience
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in electric systems development, e.g. electric engine or operation system
• Track record of development of electrical components, ideally for Aerospace
• Knowledge of Aerospace standards (DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754A…)
• Knowledge of system simulation required
• Experienced with team management
• Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability
• Team player, self-starter, flexibility
• Very good English language skills (written & spoken)
Our client offers a career where you'll have the opportunity to relocate to Germany and work with the most advanced technologies available within electric aviation, as well as the opportunity to shape the organizational setup right from the start.
This role is based in Germany and comes with a full relocation package, as well as a competitive salary and benefits.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's