KDC are looking for an experienced Ground Segment Software Engineer to Team Lead at the new state of the art facility. This is a unique opportunity to join the dynamic and rapidly growing company, and where you make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris.
- Design, develop, validate and maintain Ground Segment SW subsystems needed for operating the client's missions.
- Generate and update the SW related documentation.
- Participate in the design of the systems including:
- Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories.
- Development support and solution testing.
- Definition of Software Engineering approaches to apply in the developments
- Participate and or support the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Support in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
- Support the Operations team to resolve technical issues and providing advice on best practice.
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Java and or Python programming languages.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Work in a team as well as independently.
- Team leadership – ability to lead small team of software engineers.
- Operations experience and ability to interact with spacecraft operations engineers.
- Knowledge in project life cycle and acceptance procedures.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Percentage of time spent designing and developing software
- Percentage of time spent on managerial tasks (including leading a team and SCRUM)
- Knowledge of critical subject matter (such as C++, Ground Segment Software, Ground Segment concepts, etc) - (e.g., years of experience.. but this will be normally visible from the CV)
- Software product development experience, (requirement, design, development, integration & testing, deployment, maintenance), please specify if no experience in one of the software product development phase.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- 5+ years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, Spacewire.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days)
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship for employees
- New state of the art office and cleanroom facility
- Regular social events