Telecom Payload System Engineering
|Job Title:||Telecom Payload System Engineering|
|Salary:||£40 - £45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Adam Stockley|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2021 14:53|
The Telecom Payload System Engineering team is responsible for providing engineering support to the Telecom business line, for payload projects; payload R&D activities; proposals and for the development of advanced payload products. A vacancy is open for a position of Test System Specialist for MilSatCom payloads:
Member of the System Engineering Team assigned to a telecom payload project; the role's main focus is the design, development, delivery and deployment / maintenance of ground test system equipment dedicated to the measurement of the performance of military telecom payloads
The Payload Test System components will include all off board interfaces; active and/or passive; all means necessary for the configuration of the unit under test (including digital processor, active antenna, etc.) and the automation of test racks used to conduct Electrical tests; RF tests and potentially EMC and Thermal tests.
The role will involve:
• Understanding or interpreting customer's test requirements and Validation philosophy - The design for the test solution for a secured telecom payload
• Support the development and / or procurement of the components needed to the delivery of the end-to-end system.
• Work hand-in-hand with the Validation team and the AIT operation team for the consolidation of the requirements and specifications; the delivery phase and the following deployment / support through the AIT ops phases [at payload and spacecraft level]
• As part of a wider project team, take a hands-on role in the measurement of the payload performances and in its analysis.
• Compile written reports or analysis documentation for the test solution and also potentially for the units / systems under test.
• Support the test campaigns and the analysis of test results, working hand-in-hand with the Assembly, Integration and Test operations team (working in clean room environment)
• Lead investigation of technical issues or problems - As needed / as required; support customer and supplier test review meetings.
A degree in Electrical, Electronic engineering, mathematics or physics.
Desirable: RF/microwave/radio communications content in academic background.
• RF communication engineering RF Instruments; Test Equipment and Test technique Test automation / COTS test software.
• Working within an environment controlled strictly through an established Quality system
• Microwave / high frequency RF engineering.
• Knowledge of Satellite Communications systems.
• An understanding of equipment fitted to the Satellite payload such as receivers, converters, amplifiers, waveguides and antennas.
• An in-depth knowledge of RF measurement instruments and of their use in the context of telecom payload testing.
• Engineering life cycles and equipment/system/payload or environmental testing Quality standards
The successful candidate would be expected to work at an hourly rate of £40 - £45 LTD.
The initial length of this contract is for 12 months with a likely extension.
You must have CURRENT SC clearance and the ability to work remotely.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, then please apply or contact me on 01202 596374.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's