Toolmaker/Fitter and Turner
|Job Title:||Toolmaker/Fitter and Turner|
|Salary:||in line with experience|
|Contact Name:||Francis Cook|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2021 16:53|
KDC is working with a futuristic aerospace company in Germany that has assembled a team of world class engineers who are currently working on developing a fully autonomous eVTOL aircraft. They have successfully completed several test flights and have developed state of the art R&D facilities.
Our client is currently looking for a Toolmaker with at least 5 years experience experience in Toolmaking Machining and welding. You'll also need to have the right to work in Germany (visa or EU citizen)
• Work in a self-directed team fabrication experts
• Responsible for setting and operating manual metal working equipment (Milling, Lathe, Surface Grinder)
• Follow work instructions and processes.
• Troubleshooting and feedback of errors to the corresponding teams, cooperation for root cause analysis
• Implement and sustain manufacturing data of the production system
• Support with equipment maintenance and Setup
• Use different welding technology (MIG, TIG, OXY)
• Work cross functionally with related departments eg. work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and final product efficiency. improve manufacturing standards and process requirements support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
• Assist Prototype WorkShop team in development of tooling and new equipment commissioning and implementation.
• Educational background as Fitter, Machinist, Mechanical Engineer
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Toolmaking, Machining, Welding required
• Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
• Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions setup sheets.
• Experience with operating and maintaining a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment. Experience operating high volume production machinery preferred.
• Perform daily record keeping and create reports and test analysis
• Optimize the life and use of cutting tools
• Solution oriented approach with focus on results.
• Strong ability to trouble shoot any situation
• High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
• Good communication skills in English
Our client offers a career where you'll have the opportunity work with the most advanced technologies available within electric aviation, as well as the opportunity to progress within a highly ambitious business where the mission is to take on the future's most complex engineering challenges.
This role is based in Germany and comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Want to learn more? Click apply for more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's