KDC are now recruiting for one of our biggest clients within the Defence industry! This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join their team in London. So, if you are looking for your next challenge and have a proven background with radar systems, this could be the role you have been waiting for!
This position has surfaced as our client requires a Systems Engineer to work within the Surveillance Systems business to develop and deliver Company and Customer Funded systems projects based upon our client's radar technology. Activities will include all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from System Concept through to Delivery and Acceptance, including Bid Support, System Design and System Integration.
• Experience of systems design, integration & test.
• An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
• An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
• Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
• The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
• Computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed, and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports.
• An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
• Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
• Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g., RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
• Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
• Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
• The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
• Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET, INCOSE).
• UK Security clearance.
• UK Driving License.
Skills and Experience:
• Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable.
• Adaptable, resourceful and proactive approach.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good presentation and time management skills.
• Customer and results focussed.
• An aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
- Job Type:
- £55000 - £60000 per annum
- Job Ref:
KDC are now recruiting for one of our busiest clients in the Dorset area! If you are an experienced Project Manager and looking for your next challenge in the Defence industry, then this could be the position you have been waiting for!
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Project Manager will ensure the delivery of our Sitework and Factory Production projects from planning stage through to delivery, against required outputs, outcomes, and timeframes. The PM will continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships in their areas of activity.
• Promote and demonstrate on time, right first-time quality and customer service philosophy across the team and Company
• Promote cross-functional collaboration, especially between Ops, ME, Procurement and BD
• Promote Environmental, Health and Safety awareness across the team and Company
• Engage with the Senior Management in the business and with external customers.
• Contribute to and attend various meetings/forums and action agreed commitments
• Implement continuous improvement of Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) framework across the business for all agreed programmes / projects
• Plan and schedule opportunities under bidding activity in support of the BD department
• Clearly define project structures and plans, defining the Work Breakdown Structure and Work Packages building on the information generated during the data analysis phase
• Ensure that all customer expectations are understood, managed and delivered.
• Develop plans with stakeholder buy-in and pass to Resource Planner for integration into overall business resource plan.
• Monitor, report and manage the project budget, identifying and taking actions to avoid any negative impact to the declared profit margin. This includes capturing any scope creep and working with the BD team to evaluate potential variations.
• Monitoring of key KPIs to ensure production programme milestones are delivered
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
• Implement a continuous improvement of Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) framework across the business for all agreed programmes / projects
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience in Project Management related subject
• 3 years' Project Management experience - industry related (Defence preferable)
• Compliant with business process and approach
• Excellent communication, team working and problem-solving skills
• Safety-conscious approach to work
• Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
• Good commercial skills and awareness; ability to understand contracts and provide an input into contracts where required.
• A good team player with a flexible attitude to work load
• Proven experience in implementation of PLM (or similar) frameworks (Governance)
- Job Type:
- £40000 - £450000 per annum
- Job Ref:
KDC Projects are looking for an ElectroMechanical Design Team Lead for our busy Bournemouth office supporting one of our key local Defence Clients. the Job description follows below,
- Report to the KDC Design Lead and Ops Manager
• Tasking will be based in KDC Bournemouth, initially working from home, with regular visits to the customer in the local area
• Engineer will be required to scope, manage, and check fixed price design work packages.
• Engineering drawing support to electrical CAD team.
• Creation of Models and drawings in support of works Program.
• Formalised checking of Electro-Mech drawings/models Manage deliverables to KDC and customer quality processes.
• Ability to work independently.
• Engineer will be required to liaise with customer on weekly basis.
• Flexibility to travel to customer a must.
• Dependency Management
Key experiences and skills
• Previously experience of managing and delivering fixed price packages
• Previously experience of managing design team
• Ability to manage customer.
• Risk Management
• Project Scoping
• Understanding of ISO9001 standards
• Budget Management
• Harnware loom tool
• ElectroMech design, familiarity of loom design.
• Electro-Mech Design including PCB Assy's
• Knowledge of how a PLM system works, ideally Windchill.
• CATIA v5
• PASS v2 or PDM Link
• Routed System
• Exposure to customers
If this sounds like it could be of interest, please apply through the methods shown. If you would like to chat in more detail or apply directly, contact Brandon Goudie at KDC on: bgoudie@kdcresource or alternatively, call on 01202596371.
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
KDC are now recruiting for one of our biggest clients based in the South East! This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced FPGA Design Engineer to join an ever-growing business and have the chance to continue to grow their skills. So, if you are looking for your next role and have a keen interest in the Defence industry, this could be the role for you!
This lucky candidate will have the chance to assist the team in the decomposition of top-level system or product requirements into an implementable FPGA architecture. With your background you will be able to provide knowledge of electronic design, test and certification of systems based around advanced FPGAs. In this position you will be working under the FPGA Engineering Manager, to provide coaching, leadership, and guidance to other Design Engineers.
• To support and enhance existing Firmware in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
• To be responsible for defining requirements for a feature/bug fix up to full system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
• To undertake design, implementation and debugging of VHDL based FPGA hardware.
• To undertake design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
• To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
• Opportunities to lead projects/work packages. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
• To be responsible for building a Software/Firmware package for release; including configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
• The change to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented Firmware and verify it operates as expected.
• Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing construct feedback in code/document reviews.
• To conduct appropriate Design Reviews of FPGA design and VHDL implementation.
• To undertake system design at the highest level and creation of suitable documentation to allow implementation of system to take place.
• The chance to write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description
• Help with in house training on FPGA design, techniques, and tools.
• Leadership and supervisory role for more junior engineers.
• To take part in higher-level product definition and design review activity, providing expert input from an FPGA perspective.
Skills and Requirements:
• Relevant Masters or Bachelors Degree.
• 10 or more years' experience working on FPGA designs.
• Experience working on systems containing multiple FPGAs.
• Proven track record of analysing system requirements at the highest level and decomposing them into a suitable implementation for a product.
• Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
• Experience working on Radar or related DSP application
- Job Type:
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job Ref:
Senior FPGA Engineer, Newport
KDC are currently seeking a Senior FPGA Engineer for one of their clients who is a global leader in Aerospace, Defence and Space.
The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated FPGA Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified product and customer requirements, by
§Analysing requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown
§Preparing FPGA architectural and detailed designs and documentation
§FPGA design generation and implementation
§FPGA design verification
§Integration of FPGAs onto the target platform
§Providing FPGA technical support
§Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
§Supporting the company FPGA development process and procedure updates
• All FPGAs are designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards.
• Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated FPGA development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
• Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise. The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them
• The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in at least one major tool or technique used by Client
• Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
• The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
• Customer liaison, by representing Clients Defence and Space on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
• Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
• Report to Team Leader or Prime as appropriate
• Technical interface to Customers
• Effective collaboration with other engineering disciplines to agree specifications and to carry out integration and test
• Co-ordinate own time management with regard to project task milestones
• The focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
• Analytical - To identify and isolate errors in the FPGA or integrated target platform, their likely causes and solutions.
• Ingenuity - To work on his/her own on a complete FPGA design from concept to delivery.
• Must have experience of FPGA design & implementation for communications equipment or equivalent
• Must have excellent FPGA development process knowledge
• Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in design methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting
• Must have recent design experience of devices from the following suppliers:
• Desirable to have recent experience of using several of the following tools/development environments:
oAltera Quartus II
oMicroSemi Libero IDE
oMicrosemi Libero SoC
• Must be proficient in the use of VHDL
• Must be proficient in the use of at least one simulation tool
• Must be proficient in the use of at least one FPGA synthesis tool
• Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
• Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
• Must have good team working skills
This role requires current SC Clearance.
As a successful candidate you will be expected to work a 37 hour week on a day rate or £400/day LTD company.
If you are interested in the role, please apply or contact myself on 01202 596374.
- Job Type:
- £400 per day
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs