KDC are now recruiting for one of our biggest clients within the Defence industry! This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join their team in London. So, if you are looking for your next challenge and have a proven background with radar systems, this could be the role you have been waiting for!
The Ideal candidate will have experience in handling complex engineering projects using a variety of sensors as inputs, defining the network interconnections and the appropriate systems to meet the customer requirements, and signing off the requirements against the final system design. They will be focussed on delivering projects on time and to specification and have a track record of doing so. They should also be familiar with all aspects of the systems engineering lifecycle and be capable of demonstrating that capability.
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security Solutions business
- Technical support to Business development, including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production.
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into our clients system designs.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Assist in the development and specification of software features where required to meet system requirements.
- Knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Proven experience of working on multiple complex engineering programmes for both internal development (PV) and customer projects
- Good Knowledge of the Use of DOORS and Jira to track compliance to requirements and ensure accurate traceable completion of projects.
- Knowledge Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking, or electro-optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Job Type:
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Ref:
Aircraft Certifying Staff - Technician - CAT B2
KDC are now recruiting for one of the largest clients in the urban air mobility sector. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aircraft Certifying Technician CAT B2 with an EASA Part 66 Licence CAT B2 to join their team in Germany. If you are looking for a compelling new opportunity and have experience in working with AOG situations, then this could be the role for you.
Our client is an industry leader in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOL). They plan to offer an air taxi service that can save people time by flying them directly to their destination.
This position has surfaced as our client is looking for an experienced certifying staff member to support the installation and establishment of a new and ambitious Part-145 Maintenance Organisation. You will be supporting the Flight test team from a technical perspective as well as supporting other internal teams in completing the claim for flexibility. You will be responsible for maintaining the avionic and electrical systems as well as inserting A/C and component data into AMOS and then using the data to support the evaluation of maintenance tasks. After completing all set-up phases, you will have a position within the Part-145 Organisation.
- Holding an EASA Part-66 License CAT B2
- English fluent (written and spoken)
- EWIS training (not older than 12 months preferred)
- Human Factors training (not older than 12 months preferred)
- Experienced with AOG-Situations / Onsite Maintenance activities and customer dialogue
- Experience as Certifying Staff CAT B2 for more than 3 years
- Experience with and passion for continuous improvement and reporting
- Working in an international environment for more than 1 year
- Experience with the maintenance software "AMOS" is beneficial
- Trained in first aid
- Instructed on high voltage systems is beneficial
This role includes a full relocation package as well as competitive salary and benefits.
If you want to be part of the exciting journey our client is taking in pioneering the air taxi industry and feel you have the right qualities to aid them in this ambitious undertaking, please do not hesitate to apply.
- Job Type:
- Salary based on experience
- Job Ref:
Senior Focal Plane Systems Engineer
KDC are currently seeking an Head of Software for one of the Top 3 European Space Companies and around 2,800 employees work on the some the most important Space programs of our time in Germany and other EU countries.
In this position you shall become the technically responsible Systems Engineer for the Focal Plane Systems of one of our Earth Observation or Science projects.
- Elaboration, development and accommodation of technical baseline solutions on the basis of customer requirements and budgets.
- Technical coordination of a multidiscipline engineering team with the focus on an the following output:
- Focal Plane Architecture Definition and Justification
- Interface Concepts and Definition
- Development Logic Definition
- Coordination of related performance analysis
- Select and define the system design and to reflect it into the relevant technical design, requirement and performance documentation.
- Ensure design integrity, perform requirements analysis and design integration as answer to customer specifications.
- Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of lower level subs-system requirements and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime.
- Lead the engineering team effort for design trade-offs between disciplines such as thermal, structural, mechanical, optical, electrical, etc.
- Lead Focal Plane system level integration and verification effort with focus on electro-optical characterization.
- Definition and realization of electro-optical verification set-ups.
- Evaluation of electro-optical data generated by supplier at OHB laboratory.
- Contribute to OHB technology development process in the context of focal planes and detector technology.
- Support technical discussion with the customer.
- Provide and coordinate support to subcontractors selection and control.
- University (TU) or polytechnic degree in Physics or Engineering.
- Organized and structured task approach, experience in technical co-ordination of a multidisciplinary international engineering team.
- 5 years experience as Systems Engineer or Design Responsible for scientific focal plane assemblies and associated technology, ideally for space applications.
- Ideally, experience in the development logic of space projects, as well as significant H / W experience in the phases C and D including electro-optical characterization.
- Experience in engineering economics.
- Organized and structured task approach, experience in technical coordination of a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Team work, good conceptual, analytical and organizational skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, German skills requested over the medium-term.
The client offers a full relocation package where needed with a generous benefits package.
If you’re interested in the role please contact me by applying or calling me on +44 01202 596374.
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
KDC Resource are now recruiting for a new Programme Manager to join one of our busiest clients based in the Dorset area. If you are looking for your next challenge within the Aerospace and Defence sector this could be the next role for you!
The lucky candidate will have the chance to lead the management and coordination of all activities related to the fulfilment of assigned customer orders for our client from the time a program is handed over by the sales department until programme closure. In this position, you will be required to lead an Integrated Project Team (IPT) structure and have primary responsibility to maintain the programme performance and adherence to contractual obligations in respect to delivery, quality, cost, and weight criteria.
- Lead program task and team meetings in an efficient manner.
- Follow up on open items with each individual prior to their due date.
- Agree and maintain OEM submittal requirements and due dates.
- Estimate resources and participants required to achieve project goals. Where required, negotiate with department managers for the support of required personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and when not solved in team meetings escalate to the Head of Programmes.
- Define priorities within the project and agree on delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel with clear accountability within the program team.
- Supervise all BFE activities, including the timely placement and receipt of BFE orders, required for CDR, test and production seats.
- Ensure IFE test equipment is loaded with correct software level and is functioning properly to test the required system within contract specifications.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ relevant project management or equivalent experience. Aircraft interior experience desirable.
- Experience in Managing Project Profit & Loss Education.
- Degree educated in Engineering, Science, Business, or a related field.
- Desirably holding a formal PM Qualification. PRINCE 2 Practitioner, AGILE Practitioner
- Skills and competencies
- Strong, proven customer relations skills are required.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and the ability to positively influence customer decisions, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Results orientated with a proven track record of meeting commitments.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment are required.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Excellent organization skills are essential.
- Must have excellent internal and external communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Job Type:
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- Job Ref:
Safety and Reliability Engineer
KDC are looking for a Safety and Reliability Engineer, and we are working with:
A helicopter company based in Wetzikon, Switzerland that is developing a number of cutting-edge rotorcraft. They are rapidly growing their engineering teams and are looking for an experienced Safety and Reliability Engineer who will perform and conduct safety activities and programs in a timely and cost effective way, being the point of contact for any safety topics within the design organisation.
What you’ll need:
- The right to work in Switzerland – Swiss nationals, EU nationals or other permit.
- A degree (Bsc or Msc) in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in aviation industry, experience in rotorcraft industry
- Familiar with Reliability Analysis/Prediction tools and Safety Analysis software tools
- Knowledge of SAE ARP4761 and ARP4754A methodologies.
- Knowledge of aerospace regulations (e.g. FAR 27/CS-27, FAR 29/CS-29, AC 27-1B, AC 23.1309-1E, AMC 25.1309)
- Planning and conducting safety activities according to the safety programs.
- Preparing the hazard and safety assessments, parts classification, safety programs and methodologies.
- Preparing, supporting, and managing the Rotors, Transmissions and Flight Controls FMEA and lead the Design Assessment process.
- Supporting the parts classification and critical parts identification and justification.
- Acting as a point of contact for safety topics for the product within the Design Organisation.
- Implementing safety methodologies.
- Supporting the Airworthiness Review Board and Maintenance Review Board.
- Liaising with the engineering design departments, airworthiness department and customer support.
- Liaising with suppliers.
If you are interested in finding out more about how you can be part of this exciting project, then please click apply.
- Job Type:
- Wetzikon Z H
- Salary based on experience
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs