Our client based in the Bournemouth area is looking for a Production Planner to join their team on a permanent basis.
The prime responsibility is to create and maintain the master planning as required to meet repeatable and robust manufacturing processes to ensure optimum works order and work centre performance.
The day to day duties of the role will include:
• Provide manufacturing information sheets, route cards, bill of materials, building planning structure and manufacturing specification data in accordance with company standards.
• Develop the most cost effective and efficient solutions that satisfy design to cost and design for manufacture best practices.
• Specify material requirements, parameters and define suitable methods of manufacture and identity and implement required tooling and equipment.
• Develop processes to a production steady state standard that meets specification and design intent.
• Support design and customer reviews and other meetings as required.
• Support production and quality assurance in resolving production problems and non-conformances.
• Utilise Lean principles to improve the product, process flow, build cycle and waste reduction.
• You will need to implement best practice engineering, verifying design as appropriate, identifying required tooling and applying sensible quality gates to ensure progressive production.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/experience:
• Strong communication skills, be mathematically competent and be capable of using computers, operating various software systems such as MRP, MS office and various CAD viewing.
• You will have the ability to read and understand technical drawings, specifications and related documentation and to have enough grasp of manufacturing materials (composites), systems and processes to be able to conduct your duties.
• You should be a strong supporter of change driving and applying continuous manufacturing process improvements with a strong problem-solving ability applied through a practical approach.
• You should ideally be coming with a background of a similar environment.
Fore more information please call 01202596370
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Our global client based in the Portsmouth area is looking for a Product Manager to join their team on a contract basis.
The purpose of the role is to manage the lifecycle of various Communications Products in the Airborne environment for Government and Military customers (UK/US and EMEA) within the Product Management Team of Secure Communications. This extends from monitoring of existing products with a view to increasing the user experience, profitability, and quality of service to developing new products for the business and enhancing the portfolio. You will develop products from new ideas, using your contact with customers and prospects and especially suppliers (existing and potential). You will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capture customer requirements and needs
• Specifying new services, features, products and processes
• Analyse competitive offers and develop a product benchmark
• Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with Marketing, Business Intelligence & Pricing teams
• Promote products externally with support of sales and Marketing
• Maintain the product promotion in the portfolio
• Develop a sound understanding of the product commercial aspects (pricing strategies, costs, margins)
• Propose actions to increase margins (renegotiation of tariffs, improvement efficiencies, new price schemes)
• Manage the product Lifecycle, creating the roadmap and alignment of R&D with R&T
Ideal candidates should have the following experience:
• Experience of Product Management / Marketing / Development
• Understanding of financial metrics and measures
• Understanding of Product Management proficiencies
• Understanding of the Airborne market and requirements
• Good communications and organisational skills
• Interest in continuous improvement
• Understanding of airborne products, technology and their applications
• Experience of working in a Military / Government / aero related environment
• Experience of Satellite communications
Please note, you must have the right to work in the EU.
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Are you a System Administrator with expertise in coordinating the implementation of the MS Dynamics NAV? Are you interested in supporting the development of a futuristic fleet of autonomous aircraft that will change the urban landscape of tomorrow?
KDC is working with a revolutionary technology company in Germany that is looking for a System Administrator with experience of managing ERP projects to coordinate the implementation of MS Dynamics NAV. This is an initial 6 month contract to be based in Germany, with the view to extend or become permanent depending on preference.
This represents a unique opportunity to progress your career in a rapidly growing company that has ambitions to shape the future of travel with state-of-the-art technology.
You will be:
• Coordinating the implementation of MS Dynamics NAV
• Installing and administrating new modules
• Defining and implementing business processes in the software
• Administration and integration of further systems such as Product Lifecycle Management and Business Intelligence
• Configuring programs and systems, managing access rights
• Analysing departmental requirements and deriving reasonable technical solution concepts
• Performing workshops/seminars developing technical concepts
• Experience in Aerospace or Automotive environment
• Ideally 3 years minimum relevant experience
• Experience in installation, basic administration, implementation and introduction of MS Dynamics NAV
• Some experience in the new version Dynamics 365 Business Central is beneficial, but not required
• Experience in the administration of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, ideally Integrity and Windchill
• Distinct willingness to learn and quickly familiarise oneself with new subject areas
Hands-On mentality with a responsible, proactive and solution-oriented way of working
In addition to an exciting career opportunity, our client is offering market-leading rates and an inclusive benefits package.
If you'd like to find out some more information and see if this is a role which could represent the next step in your career, please click apply or get in contact via the methods shown.
- Job Type:
- Frankfurt am Main
- In line with experience
- Job Ref:
Navigation Engineer - Harwelll
Are you a Navigation Engineer with a background in Navigation of different spacecraft looking for a progressive position in a satellite communications company? You should be able to use GNSS constellation signals, inter-satellite ranging signals and others? KDC are working on a position that could offer you a challenging role based in Harwell, Oxfordshire.
Participation on the analysis and design of navigation functionalities, modelling and testing.
Navigation simulators (including sensors modelling) building, tailoring and set-up.
At least, master thesis or similar dedicated to related aspects with 0 - 2 years experience
• GNSS based absolute and relative navigationAdvanced
• Inter-satellite links (ranging/communication)Medium
• GNSS and RF antennas calibrationMedium
• Navigation filtering (Kalman filters and others)Advanced
• Presentation skillsMedium
• System engineeringBasic
If this position is something of interest, please send through your CV and call 01202 596366 to speak to Eugene.
- Job Type:
- Competitive Salary Offered
- Job Ref:
Mechanical Satellite Engineer
KDC are sourcing a Mechanical Satellite Engineer on a contract basis.
·To provide Assembly Integration and test (AIT) mechanical engineering support based on robust processes, activity control sheets (ACSs) and procedures, for the assembly and integration of earth, navigation and scientific spacecraft.
·Supporting spacecraft environmental testing including thermal, vibration, payload deployment, and shock testing.
·Supporting spacecraft launch activities at launch site including spacecraft handling and coordination of mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE).
·Leading the design, manufacture and procurement of MGSE for use during spacecraft AIT.
·Resolving non-conformance to the design.
Project Preparation Phase -
·Support in the creation of documentation required for the production phases, including ACS inputs, work instructions, and procedures.
·Support Process Owner team in all aspects of their role.
Project Operational Phase -
·Oversee and support integration activities on the spacecraft.
·Writing spacecraft build & test documentation and leading its acceptance until completion of successful integration readiness review.
·Leading lifting/ handling of the spacecraft as operations director.
·Supporting the AIT Lead Engineer in periods of high workload.
·Support process owners with observation resolution and operational activities.
·Support in the production of re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out.
·Design of tooling (MGSE) / build aids for assembly execution
·Produce new processes, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
QUALIFICATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
Minimum of HNC level in a Mechanical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
•Good understanding and experience of mechanical systems.
•Spacecraft AIT and Nitrogen purge systems.
•Environmental testing (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal)
•Mechanical integration of mechanisms, black boxes, antennas, solar arrays, mechanical sub-systems, instruments, and payloads.
•Writing build documentation and resolving non-conformances from an AIT perspective.
•Understanding of configuration control and as design as built' status.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY BACKGROUND:
Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering
- Job Type:
- £28 per hour
- Job Ref:
loading more jobs